Old July 25th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
prenex

Default how much training ...

When MTB racing didn't work out, he switched and started riding 10
hours a day. He did it for two months and then he "cracked" as he puts
it. The effot wasn't that great either. 14-15 mph. Here's an
article:

http://www.pedalmag.com/index.php?mo...item_id =4675

WasGitchi wrote:
Earlier in the year we were discussing how to count training hours.
One idea was to divide your biking hours by 2. Under this method
Landis's 50 hour weeks sound very similar to the 25 hour weeks that
elite skiers are known to train.

Make me wonder...
what his heart rate was during those 50 hours

is there is a calculated load that an athlete can handle per week eg,
15,000 kcals/wk during training, a certain volume of lactic acid
created by the body...

Byrnes-out

wrote:
he rides for living - doesn't he? 40 hrs a week is what a 9-5 job gives
you. If we use the 40 hr analogy (40 is close to 50), if you ride 6
days a week, you can ride 3 hrs in the morning, eat, sleep, ride 4 hrs
in the afternoon. I could handle that (I'd bored out of my skull
though).