Old January 4th 05, 07:45 PM

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:48:48 -0500, someone wrote:

I know that Okemo is a damn fine place to ski. Actually unless you rent
a condo on the mountain, there aren't any hotels, etc. on mountain and
so you would stay in the village.

Gore, I've heard, is much more challenging (I'm a Killington skier and
we understand that Okemo is an Indian word for "flat mountain") but
don't take my word for it. You question will get more responses.

Its been a few years since I was at either.
My impression at the time- both good for intermediates.

I took the kids to Okemo, lots of groomed cruiser runs.
Tons of condos at the base area,
and more at various places up the mountain.
But this was all before the Jackson Gore expansion

Gore if I recall, the "good stuff" was at the upper left - relatively
small part of the total vertical. I used to ski there decades ago
when I lived in NY state, and hated the flats between various parts of
the mmountain. Is it still like that?

-v.