Old November 24th 13, 08:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Article titled "Aerial Tram" from the 1997 Whistler Pique

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 9:51:54 PM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:
On Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:36:42 PM UTC-8, wrote:

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 2:54:04 PM UTC-7, twobuddha wrote:

On Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:18:15 AM UTC-8, Dave Stallard wrote:

Another interesting article I found, dated Oct. 21, 1997

"Nothing has been finalized and it’s several years away even if they decide to do it, but Whistler/Blackcomb is considering a tram which would cross the Fitzsimmons Valley and connect the two mountains."

Several years away indeed! Ground wasn't even broken for 10 years. And of course, the details were different.

In addition to mentioning the then-new Emerald chair, the article discusses planned new lifts, including a high-speed upgrade to the Peak Chair, a chair in Symphony bowl, and the Garbanzo chair. Most interestingly, though, it goes on to say:

"Probably farthest in the future is a series of lifts up the backside of the mountain from the Cheakamus River area."

Are they talking about what I think of as the backside, namely the currently out-of-bounds area on the other side of Whistler peak, which so many visitors find too beguiling to resist, and wind up getting lost in?

(link: http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whi...nt?oid=2141023)

Old news. If you really were a local, or knew a ****ing thing about Whistler, you'd know those plans were shot down by the provincial government a long time ago.

What a joke. Now you're trying to pass yourself off as a Whistler local.. Man you're a tool.

I have over a hundred days of skiing at Whistler. Visited at least twice a year for the last 25 years or so. Good friends who keep me posted. Friends who work for the mountain. While I certainly am not a local, I sure as **** know a helluva lot more about the place than anyone who posts here, tool, especially Gumby Dave.

YOU should share inside information about the mountain you work it, freak.. Ooooops, forgot. If you did, and the mountain read your cowardly, lying, stalking, pussy bull**** here, you'd no longer be a local.

Now brag about being a coward again.

I never said I worked for any mountain.