Old March 29th 04, 08:47 PM
Daniel J. Spalluto, II

Default volkl supersport 5-6 * versus Dynastar skicross 10

The best advice I could possibly give you is to demo both the SuperSport 5 &
6 in the day, but my suggestion to you is to stay away from the SuperSport 6
if you like to ski the bumps. They are too stiff. I have skied Volkl's for
almost 20 years and they will most certainly hold on ice and hard back. The
SuperSport 6 is the greatest ski for making some nice wide turns, though you
can connect some quick short turns with them. The SuperSport 6 with plow
through just about anything, even the Spring mash potatoes that you will
find in areas like Killington in March and April. I have never skied on the
SuperSport 5 so I can not tell how they are but I understand that they are
somewhat softer than the SuperSport 6 and may be better in the bumps.
"biner" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

I am looking for buying my firs new pair of short carving skis. I
shoped around and I was offerd atomic SL-9, SX-11 but it is the Volkl
supersport 5 or 6 stars and Dynastar skicross 10 that have caught my
attention.

Has anybody any pointer to help me choose. If I go to my local store
the choice is easy as the Volkls are noticeably more expansive, but
somehow on the net it seems I can get them for similar prices. To give
you an idea, I'm a pretty good skier, I like tighs turns, not
necesserly fast, and I like to go in the moguls an in the "sous-bois".
I am not into fast long turn on corduroy. I also need skis that grip
on the ice as I ski in Quebec where it is pretty icy all the time.

My main concern with the Volkl are their stiffness in the moguls and
their reputed unforgivness. As for the Dynastar I hear good things
about them but i don't know what to expect.

I guess I should try both but I don't have time to arrange that. Any
feedback from buyers of these babies?

Ciao!