Old November 26th 03, 12:35 AM
pinnah

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:34:09 +0000 (UTC),
bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Nov.25.03@telemark. slac.stanford.edu
wrote:
_ I think everybody would be interested[1]. What occurred to me as I
was looking at the telebulldog web page is that it would be
possible to retrofit the thing to have an AT-like climbing mode.
It's got a pivot right at the toe anyway. In my experiments with
AT gear last season I was very impressed with how easy climbing
is in AT gear. Even NNN/BC is feels a bit stiff after climbing
with AT bindings.

I'm not too sold on the concept of adding an AT style pivot under
a nordic binding. I don't want to have to lock/unlock anything and
if I do, I might as well lock at the heel.

To me, the beauty and sole (ahem) purpose of pins or system bindings
is the balance between striding and turning efficiency. AT picks up
gains on both ends at the price of more futzing.

[1]- i.e. you, me and the couple other old farts that can't
stand telemarktips forum interface...

Heh.

Dave Mann