Old February 7th 05, 02:56 PM
MattB

Chester Bullock wrote:
Chuck wrote:

Is it considered a bad thing for an intermediate level skier like
myself to be taking my time skiing the black diamond trails? Most of
the folks I see attempting these trails are moving a lot faster than I
am. The blue trails are no longer a challenge to me and I want to push
myself to get better, but I also want to be able to do some traversing
on these trails. Am I creating a hazard for those who want to ski them
faster? I try to wait at the top of the steeper areas off to the side
until the better skiers go past but I still often find that while I'm
traversing down, someone else goes zipping by at 50mpg or faster and I
wonder if they will have time to react.

It has never bothered me to pass people, or be passed by people.
Generally speaking, if someone is bombing down an expert trail, they are
good enough to get by you without incident. I wouldn't worry about it
personally.

True for the most part, but I'd look uphill before traversing to be sure
it's clear. Ir's technically the responsibility of the skier above you
to avoid a collision, but a watchful eye from the downhill skier is a
good precaution.
Have fun!

Matt