Old January 27th 16, 02:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Default What are best conditioning exercises?

Jay Pique wrote:
On Saturday, January 2, 2016 at 12:06:27 AM UTC-5,
wrote:
Here in the Midwest, no appreciable snow yet. I need to get in
condition so when we finally do get some snow, I am in halfway
decent shape. Usually I get in a few scattered skiing days to get
in shape, but with no snow so far, no conditioning. What are some
good conditioning exercises that don't need any snow?

Oh man you gotta learn to at least 'like' leg day if you want to
really reach your potential. But I've also become a huge fan of the
arc-trainers and ellipticals at Planet Fitness. I fire up some
trance or techno and just sort of hop to the beat for a while like
I'm in an untouched foot of light fresh over easy-rollers out back of
Vail. I get pretty into it.

I just rode my bicycle 27 hilly miles roundtrip to play volleyball twice a week
all summer. Did the job for me.