Old December 1st 14, 04:57 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 14:35:08 +0100
Terje Henriksen wrote:

I have had great experience training hard while paying much attention
to technique.
--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

Over the weeken, I had an exchange with the well known American doctor
Gabe Mirkin (he's the one who coined the term RICE for dealing with
injuries - rest, ice, compression, exercise - which he now disowns as
wrong in most circumstances). For months, he has been citing studies
and writing about the importance of frequent intervals (this guy's 79).
When pushed to the wall about "polarized" training, he gave up every
sport except cycling and swimming - the ones he does - which he insists
don't apply. As far as I can tell, he won't even look at Seiler's
talk and round table comments.

Gene