Old December 14th 10, 02:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jon[_3_]

Default Still a Place for "Old School" Double Pole?

I still feel unsure on the latest thinking regarding double pole
technique. Pete Vordenberg says: "The initial impact of the poles is
when the most force is applied to the poles and it is applied quickly
– it is when the most power is applied. Wham!"

What I wonder about is for skiers who aren't very powerful, is there
still a place for a double pole technique that has a gentler initial
impact, then gradually increases pressure as you go fairly deep with
upper body?

In other words, has anyone shown the newer, more explosive technique
to be most efficient for all skiers, or do you have to train
specifically to incorporate it into your skiing?

Thanks,

Jon