Old February 18th 05, 01:34 PM
Tim Dudley

The effect may have already started to trickle down to the media. There's a
half page article today in the Montreal Gazette on the CSM, with a 4-column
photo accompanying it.

Hopefully, when the media (particularly in Canada) stops fixating on the
NHL, they may realize that there are other sports going on that are way more
interesting to the vast majority of people. One can hope...

Tim

on 17/2/05 14:47, Tim Kelley wrote:

Actually, NHL hockey players could help xc skiing grow. XC skating is
good specific aerobic training for hockey players. Clubs and race
organizers might consider inviting NHL'ers to ski events (if you have
such pro teams nearby). Give them gear to use and lessons. If these
high-profile athletes start touting the pros of xc ski-skating ... it
sure couldn't hurt the sport. Actually, in Anchorage I know a couple
of ex-pro hockey players that ski. I don't think they play hockey any
more ... they are now gun-ho xc skiing addicts.
TK