Old February 18th 05, 01:27 PM
cpella

It's actually a common sentiment up here. As Ken Dryden , now a federal
government minister and ex Hab great explained recently, we are finding
that hockey has become more of a habit than a passion. The passion has
died a death of a thousand clutches and grabs and neutral zone traps.
The real death knell for me was watching the Salt Lake Olympics
tournament played under international rules and rink sizes. I realized
then how bad the NHL brand had become, aside from the obtuse expansion
into non-hockey markets to try and grab TV revenues. Good riddance to
it. Long-live shinny played on outdoor rinks and ponds.