Old February 17th 05, 06:47 PM
Tim Kelley

Actually, NHL hockey players could help xc skiing grow. XC skating is
good specific aerobic training for hockey players. Clubs and race
organizers might consider inviting NHL'ers to ski events (if you have
such pro teams nearby). Give them gear to use and lessons. If these
high-profile athletes start touting the pros of xc ski-skating ... it
sure couldn't hurt the sport. Actually, in Anchorage I know a couple
of ex-pro hockey players that ski. I don't think they play hockey any
more ... they are now gun-ho xc skiing addicts.
TK