Old February 16th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Switters

Default Stupid helmet question ...

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:51:25 GMT, Champ allegedly
wrote:

But yes, of course. I've skied with boarders loads of times, and those
who, like yourself, have taken the time to learn to do it properly
don't behave much differently to skiers. But you must admit that it's
still quite common to find a group of boarders sitting around in the
middle of a piste.

It certainly used to be a problem, especially when the average age of
new boarders was under 20. I'm not sure I see it so much nowadays.
When I was learning (at the grand old age of 30), it was was stressed
early on to only stop at the side, and always look up hill before
stopping or starting.

The mode of sliding seems to be irrelevant. Boarders sometimes sit in the
middle of the piste as much as skiers sometimes stand around in the
middle, usually at the top of a flat section where it's easier to do so.

Both groups need educating.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162