Old August 15th 05, 06:27 PM
VtSkier

Gary S. wrote:
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:11:52 -0400, VtSkier
wrote:

Gary S. wrote:

No intent to spam, just sent out a link.

Interesting snowmaking technology.

While most snowmaking systems depend on a cold air temperature, no
more than a little above freezing (not freezing, due to the cooling

I think this technology could be made to work for the
worlds largest frozen margarita. Hmmm, now that sounds
good.

Hey Gary, I hadn't seen you here before, just over
at r.backcountry with Mike V and others (no, I'm NOT
putting you in the same category).

Where do you ski? Interested in hooking up this winter?
Killington? I also have SlowKemo pass which includes
Flatten (Stratton) and Sunnapee. The Killingon pass
includes MtSnow and Bear Attitash, though I'm mostly
at Killington.

If you're interested, I'll email you contact info
off-group.

Have not been on the slopes much the last couple of seasons, due to an
extended job hunt. This upcoming season, I do intend to get out much
more.

One must feed one's habits. Like eating and skiing.

Snow and Attitash are areas I have been to a number of times. Bad
experience at big K.

Being a Killington "local" I might be able to reverse that.

I am on tele boards on the slopes, have not done alpine with alipne
gear in a long while, but could go back to work on parallel technique.

I ski with lots of folks who tele. I get razzed in the Gondola
for wearing "training heels", while I counter with having given
up on gear that I thought was crappy 50 years ago. So we all
smile and go skiing, 'cause that's what it's all about. Not
what you've got on your feet.

Actually I have light tele rig which I hope to try out in the
hills out back next winter. Early winter last year didn't have
enough snow in the woods and late winter was REALLY busy.

My email is below in my sig, hopefully concealed enough from bots.

I'm sending you my contact info separately.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)