Old February 23rd 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Can I set my own bindings?

VtSkier wrote:
Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Plenty of snow actually, just bored at work.

So, what's the prognosis, doc? Think it'll last through mid-april?

Killington's April Event Calendar:
7-8 14th Annual Spring Loaded Pro/AM Snowboard Event
8 Easter Sunday Sunrise Service and Easter Egg Hunt
14 11th Annual Sunshine Daydream Festival
21 26th Annual Pond Skimming Contest

Looks good. I always try to be aware of events like this so that I know
when *not* to go to a specific resort. The Sunshine Daydream Festival?
Shoot me now.

Once I stumbled upon a ski resort on their annual "Men's Day". It was a
weekday and I was expecting the usual "weekday morning geezer club" and
an otherwise empty hill. Instead, the place was crawling with guys
there for the all-you-can-drink beer. 8am and the lodge was already
elbow to elbow with drunks. Fortunately, there was another hill about a
10 minute drive away.

Trouble is, the last few years have been crappy weather.
If the weather proves to be good this year, it will
be REALLY HUGE. Maybe with ASC gone, this can happen.

ASC makes bad weather? Ullr is not pleased?

Actually, yeah, I do think it will last through mid April.
So far it always has. Any later than that, you may be down
to skiing Super Star with "some walking required".

Looks good. The plan is to check the conditions and drive to whereever
it looks most promising within a day's drive. Whether that's Lutsen or
Tremblant or KMart or Jay remains to be seen. I'm sure Brule will still
be going strong if it comes to that.

If I'm in your neighborhood, I'll be sure to let you know.

/Walt