Old February 17th 04, 09:23 PM
Alex Kwan

Default Excessive Leg Strain Carving at High Speeds

EMOVE (Theodore Luigi Stungo) wrote in
:

The problem I have is that my
back leg seems to strain alot while carving high speeds, and by the
time I get 1/2 down a run I have to stop and rest my leg

Lower or upper leg? I had major calf ache this season, brought the
highbacks backwards a bit, and it solved it immediately.

I also had aching right thigh; that turned out to be too much weight
on back foot. Moved bindings forward and reduced the angles in a bit.

After those two tweaks, I found a really great set-up for the first
time.

The strain is in upper leg, centered above the knee (lower quad).. I'll try
and adjust the highback and try some of the technique changes you guys
mentioned! I think I may be putting too much weight on my back leg and
trying to twist my knees when turning.. I think I'll stick with duckie for
now, unless I experience some real problems with it..

Thanks guys!.. I plan to go boarding agian sometime this week so I'll keep
you updated!

Alex