Old December 9th 14, 01:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jon[_3_]

Default Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

Gene:

Thanks for the offer. The first slide on this section is at 27:!6 of the video. Title of study is "Does Polarized Training Improve Performance in Recreational Runners" Journal of Sport Physiology and Performance, 2013 (Iker Munoz,Seiler, ....) (ePublished ahead of print)
VO2 Max was around 62--I have no idea if that's typical or high (I assume "recreational athlete" in Norway may be at a bit of a higher level than here in the States.)