Old December 5th 05, 01:13 PM

foot2foot wrote:

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
news:TqXkf.3660$Yh2.1288@trndny01...

foot2foot wrote:

Waterproof breathable "coatings" are useless.

If you're talking about the DWR coating that's placed on Gore-tex
outerwear, you're wrong.

I'm not wrong.

From "REI expert advice".

The "expert advice" explains in detail the usefulness of the DWR
coating. So, I repeat: if you're calling the DWR coating useless,
you're wrong.

I've got a lot of experience with DWR-coated clothing, using it not only
for skiing but also for whitewater kayaking, where you _really_ notice
the difference (the evaporative cooling that the REI "expert advice"
speaks of). Water doesn't seep through a drytop with the DWR coating
worn off, but you definitely notice a difference in heat loss.