Old January 14th 04, 09:21 AM
Colin Fraser

Default lite boards?

"Arvin Chang" wrote in message
I've never ridden it, but my guess is the Palmer Honeycomb. They
advertise it as being the lightest on the market. It's pricey, I would
definitely give it a try if I had a chance, wouldn't buy it blind
though... anyone here try it?

Hi,

I picked up a 2002 165 Honeycomb half price in the sales last season and
find it to be an excellent board for general freeriding. Quite stiff and
holds an edge really well when carving and I found it good in the powder.
It is a bit of a handful in tight mogulled trees but that is probably down
to the length.

The honeycomb is certainly light but initially feels a bit fragile, however
after a season of use I've no worries about the durability - it seems to
handle knocks without any problems.

I don't really find any major advantage from its lack of weight (except for
when hiking) but I rarely hit the park or pipe where it might make more
difference. I dont know if it is really worth the £500 they were charging
for it brand new but for half that it's a good board.

Col