Old December 23rd 04, 02:43 AM
Stephen B.

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2004-12-21, VtSkier penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Anyway. There are several ways to ski moguls. I can't help you with

the
type you see on TV, where the skier's knees are just bouncing up and

down
and there's no apparent lateral motion. Even if I had the guts and
reflexes to do that, I value my knees pretty highly.

Me too.

I definatly agree. I just want to be able to bomb down with more confidence
and keep up with my brother.

[snip]

This sound like it will work well but it also seems like a lot to think
about in bumps. Wouldn't it work better to learn this on something less
bumpy? Where you don't have to think so fast? This so that your body is
doing the remembering and not your head.

Just to be clear, I wasn't posting this stuff because I wanted advice; I'm
happy with the techniques mentioned. I posted it because someone asked me

do so. I felt immediate results when I used this technique; not only did

it
keep my skis in the snow, it gave me a much greater feeling of control.

Thank you both for your responses. I will have to read and think about your
comments more carefully. I definitely think I have a lot of the problems
Monique described, and know that I face the ice VtSkier described. I have
marked them and will study them more when I am awake, before I head up to
Okemo on my first trip of the season in just over a week. Though I suspect
that trip I will be busy pushing my nephew to ski better and getting used to
my new skis (my first shaped skis). The new skis should make a big
difference being shorter and more maneuverable, but I also will definitely
review your comments after I finish my Christmas shopping.

Stephen
NYC