Old November 6th 13, 03:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default Have skis got longer again?

Ace wrote:

As it happens, this was about the period when things were changing,
and so my next few skis went down through dtages of 203, 198, 195,
188, 183, 177, then back to 192 (my Salomon Czar fat long rocker
off-piste skis), as my skiing improved. When I teach now most
beginners are on 160 or shorter, and the progress we can make is
incredible.

Of course, it could just be down to my skills as a teacher...

My theory: To sell skis you have to sell a product which is 'new' and
'different'. Therefore what you need is fashion. This sells more skis.

The amount of upturn at the front of the ski was quite high in the
1960s but as pisting improved, this height gradually reduced. You did
not need it as much. But that is, likely, the only evolutionary
change.

Can some one keep any eye out for me for a pair of mid-1990s era K2
Explorer. These are the one pair of skis I regret never putting in
line-up.