Old November 26th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
snoig

Default Evil Flu

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
Actually, my husband went to Breck Friday and said the groomers were
okay, but everything else was "firm" and rocky. He left after about 3
hours of skiing.

Sounds about right. They opened up some stuff this week that probably
shouldn't have been opened. Anywhere they've been making snow is
pretty good but it's also pretty fast and it's been more crowded than
usuall this holiday so it can also be pretty dangerous. These are the
kind of days where I like to take the dog out and XC.

A co-worker went to Vail Thursday and said it was great.

Dunno if it's different expectations or what.

Vails had more time to blow snow and get things ready as well as having
more terrain open. So I'm sure it was pretty good. BC was probably
even better since they just opened this week.

It's just starting to snow here now (Sunday morning) but pretty
lightly. If we get what they predict for this week it should be pretty
good by this weekend. Breck has most of it's chairs running now except
for Peak 7 and the Peak 8 base which are only closed due to
construction. I'm not sure when they will open up. I hear rumors that
the new gondola wont be open until the end of January but the offical
line is it will be open by xmas so they may not open up the lower Peak
8 stuff until then but Imperial and 6 chair are open. They could also
open the t-bar and the Independance without opening Peak 8 base. You
may see that by this weekend.

snoig