Old January 1st 12, 03:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba[_2_]

Default Mass Starts

I Love Them. When they were introduced in WC races in the mid 80's there
was a lot of opposition from some skiing countries and raised voices at
Team Managers meetings but that seems to have gone now.

I'm away from home and today watched on a small screen TV the Skiathlon
events in the Tour de Ski at Oberstdorf. In the mens race there was one
magic TVshot which I'd love to have as a still photo.
Taken from near the top of the last climb all the elite racers in the
Tour were in a group skating together and that just epitomises all the
developments in our sport, such as bonus points and team tactics.
If anybody has a way of capturing that shot I'd be happy to pay for a print.
DD