Old January 27th 04, 04:01 PM
lal_truckee

Sven wrote:
hi,

I recently purchases the Atomic GS9.21 with Race 412 bindings.
Unfortunately there's no explanation at all included on how these bindings
are to be set/configured.

Atomic support refuses to help me out as they only want shops to make changes, but
I've had bad experiences with shops setting bindings, so I want to know
what they do and how they calculate it to avoid any injuries.

Does somebody have some kind of manual/guideline on how the 412 is to be set and
how the calculations work for these bindings?

No experience with Atomics; However the DIN reading is a standard, so
any chart will help with release settings. Leaving you without
measurements on whether the binding actually releases at the torque the
DIN setting implies - that's what you pay a shop for (but you know
that.) That leaves fore/aft setting and pre-load setting. I'd take them
into the shop at the mountain base and ask the guys where the preload
indicator is; they'd tell me. Maybe you can just walk in and ask, too?