Old December 30th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Martin[_2_]

Default Verbier

I haven't skied there for a couple of years now but :
1. Thought the lift system woeful and always dropped you off short
of the next brow to the extent that we christened our holiday the
Verbier uphill tour
2. Really quite close to Geneva ... 90mins ?
3. Apres ski trendy and expensive ... lacking in the Alpine charm
of Austria
4. Huge lift queues and poor mountain food

5. Good skiing but I'll not go back until the above is fixed

regards
Martin

just my personal views from as I found it .... thousands will disagree no
doubt ;-)

--
Remove allspam for effective email
"Lars" wrote in message
Hi, I heard some good stories about Verbier lately.
Can someone update me with the following questions?

1) how far is it from Geneva Airport?
2) Is it possible to get to Verbier with public transport from Geneva
Airport?
3) I heard some good stories about the apres/after ski. Is that right? Is
it Austrian style? Busy as from 16 o' clock in the afternoon? (Ischgl, St
Anton, Saalbach style)?