Old August 11th 03, 01:25 PM
Sam Seiber

bdubya wrote:

The moderator team wishes to announce the passing of Mike Speegle,
skier and RSAM moderator, on Thursday the 24th of July. Mike was a
very personable fellow and a friend and skiing buddy who will be
missed. He is now skiing in light. Memorial donations in his name may
be made to The Shaka Franklin Foundation for Youth, 8101 East
Dartmouth Ave., #11, Denver, CO 80231, www.shaka.org, and all are
encouraged to ski a run in his honor at the earliest opportunity.

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/A-B...kesLastRun.jpg

See you on the next lap, Mike.

I posted a message yesterday, but it hasn't made it through the
moderation process. In the fullest respect for a man I never
met, I hiked to the top of the basin. I thought of him for most
of my hike to the top. I was lucky enough to have talked to him on the
phone
about 7 some odd months ago. I plan on posting the pictures of
my summer A-Basin hike, as I feel this is the very minimum of
respect I could display for Mike.

I will also be posting this seperately to the sci.space.* news groups
that led me to the rec.skiing.* groups that he help me find.
The sci.space.* newsgroups should know.

BW, thanks for letting us know. I had not seen any posts from
Mike in a few weeks. This explains a great deal.

Sam "I will forever miss Mikes posts in sci.space.* & rec.skiing.*"
Seiber