Old December 30th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.north-america
lal_truckee

Default Where to go?

David Cocking wrote:
Hi,

I'm a fortyish intermediate (blues, reds in Europe, the odd black diamond)
looking to get away for a mid week trip. Most of the time I would travel
with wife and kids, but not this time. So I'm looking for the sort of trip
that might not work so well with the family. This a chance to go places
that are maybe a little awkward to get to but will be worth it in terms of
the experience/snow/runs.

Any suggestions? I'm open to all of North America.

Jackson Hole. (Also try to ski Grand Targhee on the same visit.)

Off the beaten track, a bit harder to get to (smallish airport so
transfers required), but spectacular skiing and scenery, and not so much
a nightmare of weekly ski holiday visitors as Utah and Colorado.