Old February 23rd 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default arg.. accident

Switters wrote:
Crickey Mike, take it easy eh!

My closest to that was taking a run down a mogul field which turned
into car sized lumps. I timed a turn wrong, caught an edge, flipped
out and almost popped my knee as the board caught whilst I was
sliding on my butt. Like you, I figure that I'll try and keep the
board up next time.

I would propose that significantly bending your knees while trying to stop on
your back would significantly reduce this risk.
The edge would scrape rather than grab, and if it grabs, your knees will absorb
it, and bend more to release the edge.
I'm going to have to play with this.