Old February 19th 09, 03:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default arg.. accident

Well I managed to brilliantly bang myself up last Sunday.
Wasn't even out that long and was on last run .. kinda
zoned thinking about some things I had to do and just
lost the edge while traversing toe side.. probably a bit
of ice as we've had a bunch of thaw/freeze here in NE.

Seems to be the same injury I had a couple years ago
and I'm just trying to figure out how it happens. Front leg,
calve pull/tear. As I slid on my stomach to a stop
the board did skip/hit once or twice. My best guess is
the frontside edge may have caught hold under that foot
and then the board rotated back (downhill) sharply before
disengaging and sliding some more. The leg hurts the most
now when fully extended and the heel dips down...

Sadly I'm missing a nice day of snow..(well snowball snow)
but this stuff bumps up instantly and I think better to
wait a day or two more than make it worse.

Has anyone else had a similar injury or have any other
ideas on how it happened? I guess from now on I'm
raising my feet up the first moment I can after washing
out!

Mike