Old October 19th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
jw[_2_]

Default any one else stoked to ride?

In article ,
Koos van den Hout wrote:

jw wrote in
:

This place has a pathetic post count, considering how many snowboarders
are out there with Internet/Usenet access. I know, they're all on the
Web forums, but I refuse to visit those.

The web has a good side: webcams! For those like me living in areas that
may get 2 snowflakes somewhere in February, it is good to browse
wintersport area webcams and see the first snowflakes staying on the
ground. For example in Oberlech in Austria,
http://live.flashing.net/skiarlberg/oberlech.jpg

Just checked the URL. Cam image is dark...I wonder why? :-)

I also like the snow cams. In the surfing community, as you may know,
cams are despised because they make it too easy for newbies to see what
conditions are like, and possibly as a result increase the kook count at
certain breaks (even those that beginners should NOT be surfing at due
to difficult conditions -- rocky ledges, fast breaking waves, rip
currents, etc.). Part of learning to surf is to learn to check National
Weather Service and National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Agency (NWS
and NOAA - I think I spelled the latter out correctly but not sure).

Snow cams don't really matter that way. The crowds will come to most
palces there are cams anyway.

Anyway, thanks for the link. I'll check out the one in your sig when I
have more time. I propose that if it's snowboard related, and your not
selling anything...it's not shameless self-promotion. In mine, I'm jsut
developing the ideas for the company, and I might only make five boards
total, for me and some friends, so I don't consider it spam. What do you
think Dave? Anyone else??

-jw
--
rise snowboards inc.