Old March 17th 09, 07:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Default Alternative to Burton snowboard

ZebX wrote in news:49beb433$0$7874
:

Donek

Beautiful boards.
Which do you test versus similar Burton model?

I dont compare. My first board was a Burton supermodel
I thought it sucked. I went to winterstick (original)
and then to Donek.

IMHO Burton boards are overpriced and generally overrated.
As an indication, I was unable to offload a very lightly
used Fish for even $190. I got it on a whim at the Burton
spring sale a few years ago and just dont get many chances
to use it in very deep powder and for anythign less than 2'
I prefer my Donek as it rides the chop better.