Old December 10th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.backcountry,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
The Older Gentleman

Default Anyone remember Scorpion skis?

Ace wrote:

Indeed, thinking about it, they don't normally seem to have the same
concept of a club vs. a bar. I can't recall ever having to pay for
entry into a late night drinking/dancing establishment in Switzerland.

Hotel I stayed in, in San Bernardino, some years ago, had a few steel
plates on the floor which they called a dance floor. This meant they
qualified as a night club, and after 10pm the prices more than doubled.

So the Brits would order half a dozen drinks each, at 9.55pm. The Swiss
got rather dischuffed, but if they were going to take the **** to begin
with....

--
BMW K1100LT 750SS CB400F CD250 Z650
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3