Old October 5th 17, 03:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Eviel Dewar

Default Hey Schattie, how was that reunion?

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 10:56:30 AM UTC-4, Eviel Dewar wrote:

"I just got an invite today to the unit reunion of the outfit that
hosted my brief and exciting stay in country. Including a personal note from the CO."

Here's the ENTIRE post where you made up this cock-and-bull story about a unit reunion and personal note from the CO, Schattie.

From: Scott Abraham
Subject: Sun Peaks
Date: 1999/09/09
Newsgroups: rec.skiing.alpine

Scott Hochstetler wrote:

Scott Abraham lied:

combat experience in Viet Nam

A lot more time in country than you, draft dodger

You're calling an officer in the military a draft dodger just because he
happened not to get sent to Nam? I guess my father was a draft dodger too.. He
enlisted in the Army as a pole lineman. For those of you unfamiliar with the
job, a pole lineman climbs up poles to string up comm line. Imagine you are at
the top of a pole in a combat zone. How long do you think you'll live?

Anyway, a few days before he was set to ship out to Nam, his MOS was
dissolved. They were losing too many pole lineman, so the whole campaign
pretty much went to radio comm. He was lucky enough to be blessed with the
relatively cush job of training new AITers how to fire the newly adopted
M-16A1.

So, Schattie, was he a draft dodger?

Nah. He's got my respect. As does anyone else who served there.
Horvath doesn't.
He epitomizes the REMF (speaking as a civilian myself, and a dedicated REMF who
just got unlucky).
If only he'd quit blowing that dumb **** out of proportion. I certainly don't
think I was a hero. Just a scared kid caught in the wrong place at the wrong
time who did his best to help his friends.
Y'know what amazes me?
I just got an invite today to the unit reunion of the outfit that hosted my brief
and exciting stay incountry.
Including a personal note from the CO.
Boy, are they going to laugh their asses off at you dumb****s.

Scott