Old December 20th 04, 05:13 PM
Ivan Rafn

Salomon has a glue, widely used in skishops, that is vere expensive.

I was told, by a workshop technician, that any standard white wood glue for
outdoor use (ie. PVAc glue) will do.

I have been using Casco Cascol 3337 for a couple of years now, with no
problems.

Check length of screws, and make sure they are not penetrating the base,
when seated.

"Paul" skrev i en meddelelse
I am just about ready to mount my bindings on my new skiis and I though I
would check out if any new or different advice was available. Last time I
mounted a set of bindings they were on a set of home made snow blades so

it
didn't matter too much and the time before that it was before the days of
the internet containing everything you need to know. I have already

searched
and not found that much that I already didn't know but I did find one
thing...

Some reccomend theat the holes be filled with waterproof wood glue to stop
water and moisture from penetrating the ski.

My question is..... is this done at a ski shop? or is there another better
product that is used?

Just incase anyone is wondering I plan to.....

1. Put my boot in the bindings that are mounted on skiis already and check
position of center line
2. remove bindings from old skiis
3. make a template from the old skiis and get measurements required
4. transfer measurements to new skiis, check with template and re-measure.
5. Recheck hole positions and center punch the positions of the holes
6. Check correct positioning of punched holes
7. drill small pilot holes
8. Recheck again
9. drill holes
10. start screws into holes without bindings to approx 1/2 way
11. unscrew the screws and slightly countersink the hole to remove any bit
that 'mushrooms' up
12. Fill holes with glue
13. mount bindings
14. check and test

I might not have to do step 10 and 11 if there is a recessed part on the
binding and step 12 is what I am asking about.
Also please note that I will be checking and rechecking about 1000

times....
got to get it right!!!!

Cheers
Paul