Old July 19th 06, 03:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Kurt Knisely

Default To anyone who posts in RSA

(Eugene Miya) wrote in news:44bd477f$1@darkstar:

In article ,
Kurt Knisely wrote:
"the potential to be greater than the size of Vail and Beaver
Creek, with today's reality --
But you see expansion there is an attractant to keep them there.
It's an tolerable buffer zone compared to nothing.

Sure, but they never seem to stop. 'nother couple-10 years, the
McMansions will be knocking at my door too...unless we run out of H2O.

Yea you really know about that in Cali.

Over the years I have become privvy to some of the kids of the guys
who dynamited the aquduct. It didn't change anything.

They'd be terrorists now, vs. pranksters. 'Might find a nice little crib
in Gitmo?

It amazes me that my old man spent a lot of time in the Heber area.

I'm surprised as well. Not a large Asian community in Heber :-). There
are certainly some descendants of miners around though.

And he was amazed at the ski inudstry (which he thought was a waste of
time).

Only reason I live here...for the skiing, not necessarily the industry. At
this point, the main part of the industry is second homes/condos.

-K