Old December 24th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

Default Gloves

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:06:06 -0700, vulgarandmischevious squeezed out
the following:

Colin Irvine wrote:

I bought some Hestra gloves a year or two ago to replace my original
pair, and they've been warm enough up to now. However, they couldn't
cope with Tignes last week, -17C at resort level so goodness knows
what it was at the top in the wind.

I reckon I should be looking at some top-of-the-range mitts. What do
people suggest?

K is always cold, and tried a couple of pairs of cheap-ish gloves. In
the end, she got some Swany leather-covered mittens, which she says
are fantastic.

I'm thinking of getting some myself. like this:
http://www.swanyamerica.com/prod.php?p=SWANFX-15

Funnily enough I'd already had a look at these
http://www.swanyamerica.com/prod.php?p=SWASX-44

The only downsides seem to be they're not Goretex, which I've always
had so far, plus apparant lack of availability in the UK.

--
Colin Irvine