Old December 16th 03, 08:24 PM
Bruno Melli

In article ,
(snoig) writes:
Try those lines Monique, you may find them easier since they were made
by pros.

Also when it comes to bump skiing, shaped skis = bad.
Pretty much all bumpers still use the old school straight skis. I'm
sure there will be plenty of arguments from this group and the most
vocal will probably be the ones who have never actually competed.

I've never competed, which obviously makes me qualified to disagree.

- While a bump line made by pros is going to be much more regular,
it will also have an abrubt wall on the face of the bump.
Not a big deal if you do a zipper line and if your goal is speed,
but definitely a rough ride if you are trying for a rounder/slower line.

- It all depends what you call shaped skis. When I took a clinic
with Chuck Martin last year (I thought I'll do a bit of name dropping
to divert away from the fact that I have never competed :-) he was
on Dynastar Candide, a relatively wide twin tip that I would label
shaped. That didn't slow him down one bit.

bruno.