Old December 17th 05, 10:46 PM

All the instructions I've seen have said to use a toe cap.

"Edgar" wrote in message
ups.com...
I bought my Garmont Excursion G-Fit touring boots two seasons ago at
the Berkeley Marmot shop where they did a nice job of thermal fitting
the boots. Paul used a toe cap taped over my liner sock to create a
little extra room around my toes. I have done all day, week long tours
in the boots with no feet problems.

Last year, my wife special ordered the similar Women's Garmont
Excursion G-fit touring boots at our local shop. They carry Alpine
gear but special ordered the Excursions because they did not stock
Telemark or backcountry Garmont boots. The local shop did NOT use a
toe cap when they thermal fitted my wife's boots. After a couple of
days of all day touring (8 hour days) her toes eventualy turned black
and her toenails fell out a couple of months latter.

Should the shop have used a toe cap to add room over my wife's foot
when they thermal fitted her boots?

Edgar