Old February 20th 05, 10:03 AM
C.O.Jones

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 00:27:23 +0000, David Mahon
wrote:

Ah, well, their online system..... My German is very rusty

Then try the DB site in english

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/que...ewrequest=yes&

I think that if you order enough in advance you can order the tickets
online (even for the OBB services)

I am going for a short Easter break, so don't want to waste time waiting
for trains. If anyone who can fathom the timetable can help, what is my
best bet on the train given that I will:

Arrive in Salzburg 09:05 25/03/2005
Leave Salzburg 09:40 28/03/2005

Salzburg Hbf 25.03.05 dep 09:04 3a EC 111
Schwarzach-St. Veit 25.03.05 arr 10:07 3
Schwarzach-St. Veit 25.03.05 dep 10:10 2
SPR 1504 Salzach Sprinter
Zell am See 25.03.05 arr 10:41 3
Duration: 1:37; runs daily

Zell am See 28.03.05 dep 07:47 1 R 5015
Salzburg Hbf 28.03.05 arr 09:40 14

What trains are available, direct or changes, how long does it take,
what if I miss one (how long till the next) and how much for 2 return
tickets.

Plenty of options on the route

A car will cost me about 100 quid, plus 25 quid for chains if I need
them. It'll take about an hour and a half (GPS will be leading me) and I
can be at a mountain restaurant for lunch.

37.60€ by train.

HTH (I must be bored this morning - I've done the hardwork for you!)

ernest