Old January 27th 05, 01:09 PM
cupra

Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
" cupra" wrote in message
Le Dieu wrote:
"Sammy" wrote in message
oups.com...

snip
Sammy

Okay, I'm sold. I don't really like my current skis anyway.

A. D.

At least a thief would have solved your new ski issues, LD!

Actually, my last day out on them in Courmayeur I was practically
advertising them outside the restaurant. The skis are fine, I just
felt they're too long (175), it felt like I was trying to ski on
clown's feet.

A. D.

I know the feeling - when I was learning many years ago I was given
quite long skis and I struggled for a couple of days until I
replaced them. My gf
had the same experience last year too!

I've had the opposite on my board - I used a wide board for a
couple of days
of riding powder, but really struggled with it on piste!

Yeah, my skiiing really went backwards this last trip. I was
overcompensating for the length by leaning forward too much with my
upper body. That coupled with the crap conditions and I felt like a
total beginner. If I can offload these (Salomon Crossmax 8s, 175, 3
days skiied) I might go for some Volkl Supersport 4 stars in 168.
You heard anything about these?

A. D.

No - I'm about 5 years out of date on Ski technology I'm afraid! I'd
like to
say I'd make an offer on the Salomons but I don't know how I'd get
on with them either!

No worries Cupra, I think a pal who came on the trip might take them.
Do you ski and board? If you had to just stick with one, which would
it be?

I haven't skied for 4 seasons now, mainly because my usual trip 'buddy' is a
boarder. But now I've got myself a skiing gf, I'm planning to start where I
left off again so she doesn't get too left out all the time!

To tell the truth, I enjoy them both but I do prefer boarding on powder
days! (plus I can jump on the board - something I never really got
proficient at on skis!)