Old December 1st 03, 11:00 PM
Jay Tegeder

Default START kick scotch tape???

I suggested the same idea to Dan Meyer of FastWax last year. He's a
chemist at 3M. I'm not the most technical or scientific guy around so
I'm sure others thought of the idea long ago. My questions would be:

1) What took so long?

2) Is this something that would have been stifled by the wax companies
since it would put them out of business or change the nature of kick
waxing?

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

(revyakin) wrote in message om...
I spoke to a service man of the Russian National Team during my visit
to Moscow a week ago. He just came back from a START waxing clinique
in Finland. He told me that START came up with a new "grip tape"
that will make kick wax and klisters obsolete. He says the tape works
between
-20 and +5 and stays for at least ~250 km. Applying the tape is like
applying scotch tape. Sounds unbelievable. If it's true I may start
classic skiing again. Does anyone know anything abut this?

Andrey Revyakin.