Old December 28th 04, 05:55 AM
Steve H

H.W. Stockman wrote:
"Steve H" wrote in message
news:Po7zd.13565$k25.1916@attbi_s53...

Steve H wrote:

[...]

I really do not want to spend lots of money on a headlamp that I will
seldom use. The old one that broke cost me under $20 and sat in my pack
most of the time and was only used a few times over the 6 or 7 years
that I owned it. Each time was when I had to ski or hike out in the
dark due to unexpected circumstances. Some of the recommendations here
are real expensive for something that I will seldom use.

Many Petzl LED lamps are ~$20. My Tikka stays in my pack most of the time,
and is very light (pardon the pun). One gets something like 17 hours on
three AAA batteries.

At www.sierratradingpost.com:

Black Diamond Equipment Gemini Headlamp
For hands-free nighttime illumination, whether on a rockface or at a
campsite, Black Diamond equipment delivers. Long life xenon halogen lamp.
Prismatic reflector for brighter light. Has three... More Detail
Price $15.95 Reg. $38.50 Save 58% # 99031

Princeton Tech Matrix II Led Headlamp
Light it up! For sports requiring hands-free illumination, here's a compact,
lightweight headlamp from Princeton Tech that combines the best of an L.E.D.
and a halogen bulb into... More Detail
Price $24.95 Reg. $39.95 Save 37% # 98050

HW:

Thanks for the info.

I looked at some headlamps on a few websites and at a local shop and
decided to get a BD Gemini. BTW, the old headlamp that broke was a
Princeton Tech and I always felt that it had some design weaknesses.

Steve