Old September 3rd 10, 04:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

Default California Helmet Law

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 09:35:14 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote:

I bought my kids helmets after one of them slid off the edge of a
trail and down through a grove of trees on an icy day at Big Bear.
The day after we got them, the other son hit his head on a lift chair
frame, and the only injury was a scratch on the helmet.

But no one told me I HAD to do it.

We did the same, bought helmets for everyone in the family. My wife
and I had no problems with ours, got used to them very quickly.
Biggest issue is the space that they take up in the Thule. My youngest
daughter was ok with hers, she wore it as instructed. The oldest
daughter was another story, she hated it.....what can you do