Old December 17th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Skywalker

Default where to stay in arc1800

Thanks your comments, had a look at Chantel area however could not
find a vacant room at Alpeges du Chantel. Moreover as seen on the map,
Tournavelles in just located at the center of all. Can live without a
swimming pool since we had a good deal for 25 sqm room.

Stock-up at St.Maurice and top-up at Sherpa is a good idea indeed.
Also noted that there are some fastfood rests in the downtown.

Excess yazdı:
On Dec 15, 5:51 pm, Skywalker wrote:
hello,

We are planning to go to Arc 1800 at the end of January 2008 with a
friend of mine. As far as we studied thru the Les Arcs website,
Tournavelles seems to be a nice place to stay. We are about to book a
25 sqm. room with 4 beds where we are going to stay 2 persons only.

I could only find comments and reviews about Chantel mostly but
nothing about Tournavelles. Is there something wrong with that place
or would it be a better idea staying elsewhere ?

Another question is how to settle the eating part. Are there
convenient take-aways within Arc 1800 or do we have to go Bourg-St-
Maurice to find reasonable food. Cant spend all the week eating at
fancy restaurants.

We are planning to use Geneve Airport's France exit and there to rent
a car to Arcs, this seems the best for us since we dont have Swiss
visas but Schengen only.

Any single guidance/comment would be highly appreciated.

Thanks / Regards
Bahadir

Don't know Tournavelles myself but as the week you are interested in
is a low season and therefore cheap week you can probably upgrade to
higher spec accommodation (assume Tournavelles is not 4-star) at
little extra cost. Les Alpages de Chantel is right on the slopes, has
a pool and nice apartments so worth considering too. See
http://www.skicollection.co.uk/Ski/Les-Arcs.htm.
With self-catering, and if you don't want to spend too much I would
advise to stock-up in one of the big supermarket down in the valley
and then to use the Sherpa for top-up/fresh stuff. There are quite a
few inexpensive places in Arcs1800 otherwise.

XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk