Old January 8th 04, 04:32 PM
paul m

Default Cheap pass to Park City Utah?

Walt wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

Brighton???!!!

So what's wrong with Brighton?

Have you been there? The one in Utah, I mean?

Yeah, I have. Too much loose snow, and not nearly enough of the extra
firm(TM), but otherwise a pretty good hill. Less crowded than PCMR.

Definitely the Brighton to ski if you have to ski a hill named Brighton.

i dunno where lal truckee is going with this, but brighton, utah is a
kickass resort. period.

yes, its small, and has shorter runs (1750' vert) compared to all the other
resorts mentioned, BUT it has good fall line (reins, clarks, millicent bowl,
hidden canyon), lots of kickass tree runs, tons of backcountry access and
good variation. it certainly has its limitations...i'd rather be at the
bird or snowbasin on a dump day, but brighton has the ability to hold snow
for a week or more after a storm, when the bird or the canyons has long
since been tracked out completely. the backcountry access is great. i love
the short hikes to good turns (10420', snake creek, pioneer, twin lakes,
etc).

funny side note... as a detroit boy, i learned to ski on the *other*
brighton. the one in michigan. the one with 250 vert. the one where my
first ski experience was marred by my best friend breaking his leg on the
way UP the tow rope the first time.
i went back there with my board last year and even tho i had told myself not
to think about it in the same way i judge resorts out here, i was amazed.
10+ lifts in such a little space and alllll those people!!! oh my heck! i'm
glad i live here now!

oh and ted, i'm sorry but i just kind of assumed that you were a tourist.
if i lived in midway, i'd ride in park city too.
paul