Old October 23rd 09, 04:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe,uk.rec.motorcycles
TOG@Toil

Default Daily Mail Ski Show - ouch

On 23 Oct, 16:58, wrote:
In uk.rec.motorcycles TOG@Toil wrote:

I got involved in a lunchtime discussion about skiing, about 20 years ago
when I was spending my disposable on pottering about in little aeroplanes.

"Do you ski, Richard?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"Not expensive enough."

I think motorcycle or car racing is a damn good way to burn through
cash.

I thought puttering about in bigger aeroplanes was expensive until I
met a guy who was into powerboat racing. Bernie Eccelstone could
probably not afford F1 powerboats.

A publishing company I worked for once produced a magazine about ocean
racing. Americas Cup, all that sort of thing. I've no idea if it's
pricier than powerboat racing, but it has to be in the same league.

No fuel bills to worry about, though.