Old March 9th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.alpine
The Wisconsin Skier

Default Telling time on the slopes

wrote:

Department of trivialities: Those of you who like to keep track of the
time when you're on the slopes -- how do you do it? I can't wear a
wris****ch because I wear long gloves with wrist protectors underneath.

I either do one of the following:
*If I am wearing my watch I just roll back the layers to expose the watch.
*If the lift houses have clocks I note the time as I load up (alternatively
the bars usually have a clock in them so when I go in for some of God's
love I note the time there as well).
*Or last ride is usually at 4:00 so when they tell me last ride it means its
around 4:00.

It's impractical to place a watch in a warm interior pocket because
getting it out would require too much unzipping and fumbling. What I do
is put it in an exterior jacket pocket high on my chest, where it's
least likely to get banged when I wipe out. I can take it out for a
glance fairly easily, but I'm concerned that exposure to the cold (the
outer pocket is not insulated) may eventually damage it.

Joe Ramirez

--
Before Heading to the Hills Head to The Wisconsin Skier:
http://www.wi-ski.com/