Old January 10th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Champ

Default control with the back leg?

On 9 Jan 2007 19:38:49 -0800, "JayMoka" wrote:

My problem is I've been using my back leg to control the board. So, I
put all my weight on my rear leg when going down. By the thirteenth
run, my leg cramped so hard I couldn't even stand any more. So, I
started doing things like sitting on the board's tail while going down
to relief the pressure off my rear leg (kinda fun, but allows no
direction control).

I would really appreciate it if someone can give me some tips on how to
relief pressure off my back leg (I think I'm doing something wrong
here). If you know of any good websites that give some pointers and
tips to beginner snowbarders I would be very grateful if you list them.

To echo what others have said - you really are using a very poor
technique there. Hardly surprising as you're self-taught.

Get yourself a lesson or two. It's really the only way.
--
Champ