Old December 24th 03, 04:42 PM
Chuck

"Arno" wrote in
:

After you mentioned looking on the net I ran into this site
www.burrbuster.com . Anybody have any experience with that tool.
What do you think? Looks pretty slick to me and doen't look like it
would wear out like files.

"Bob Lee" wrote in message
Arno wrote:

I am looking for a tool to remove burrs and to get my edges back in

shape.

I hit the occasional rock. Usually the base is not hurt. Files a
kind of

pain and I don't know if it would help or hurt the performance
without

the
proper setup.

Getting a tune would be overkill and expensive. Wonder how many
full

tunes a
pair of skies can take?

Anybody have any ideas?

Get a small mid-grit sharpening stone. Those are the best thing for
quick smoothing of edge dings. They're actually particularly
effective on stone dings where files just slip off - the stones
better handle the work-hardening that happens when rock meets steel.
I always use a stone first on rock dings, even when I plan to file
afterwards.

I got my last one for a few bucks at a hardware store. It's
pocket-sized, though I rarely carry it.

If you're going to work much on your skis, you might think about
getting Seth Masia's ski tuning, maintenance, and repair book.
Search on Seth's name on Amazon.com.

Bob

Or just go to your local Borders. Every one I've been to has had a copy.

--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email