Old December 11th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Christopher Cox

Default Keepin' it real...

56fish wrote:

"You'll see more Burton bindings on
non-Burton boards than said board manufacturer's own models. Why?
Because they work."

IMHO you were very objective till you stated this. I see allot of new,
untried, Burton technology on the slopes. There is no doubt Burton makes
some good product, but in general, it is my opinion it is over rated,
much like DC and Element equipment in the skate boarding world.

It is also my opinion Salomon is underrated, even if the product comes
from a country whose government I disagree with. I have yet to see
bindings from them fail. My son loves the Prospect as a general all
round, do everything, board. If you have owned both the Burton Driver
and Salomon Malamute boots, you can smell the difference after you get
into the boarding season... :-) Boy, I had no idea what a difference
those Salomon AgION silver-based anti-microbial linings would would
make. The drivers stunk, literally. I am sure teenagers wearing them had
something to do with this.

Just as an FYI, because I said I would do so in an earlier post, the
Nitro Raidens lost a toe strap on the first day of use. Nice bindings
otherwise, yet we would had lost half a day of riding if it was the only
setup we had brought. Had them mounted up on the Donek Phoenix.

Best Regards,

Chris